Homemade Hair Dye | How to Make Your Own Hair Color at Home with Natural Ingredients
You can get black, burgundy, and brown hair with the help of natural homemade hair color. You will definitely go crazy with the result of hair dye…
Nowadays, everyone likes to dye their hair. Sometimes people dye their hair because they need a change in their look. But one of the major reasons for dyeing hair is premature grey hair. In such a situation, people use all types of hair dyes to hide white hair.
But these hair dyes use harmful chemicals such as ammonia, which are very harmful to hair, scalp, and as well as your skin.
Chemical dyes can often cause allergies such as rashes, hair loss, skin diseases. It can also make your hair dry and frizzy.
But don’t worry, you can make your own hair color at home with natural ingredients. These DIY hair colors are made from natural home remedies. Homemade Hair Dye is 100% safe for hair. It is also very beneficial to get healthy and strong hair.
Homemade Hair Dye
Henna has been used as a natural hair dye for many years. Many times we must have seen our grandparents using henna on their hair.
But do you know that you can make homemade hair dye by using some home ingredients with henna and without henna?
Also, Read This: How To Make Herbal Shampoo – Homemade Herbal Shampoo.
Now you are eager to know how to make your hair color at home with natural ingredients. So let’s start without wasting time.
Homemade Hair Color Recipes
Here we will use ingredients already available in your kitchen. Follow these natural hair dyes if you want to color your hair.
1. Gooseberry(Amla) For Black Hair Color:
Gooseberry (Amla) is an effective and healthy way to keep your hair black. Amla has many medicinal properties and is very good for hair. This makes your hair black naturally.
- Take dry gooseberries and remove them if seeds are present in them.
- Now keep a deep pan made of iron to heat.
Put the dried gooseberry pieces in the pan.
- Roast the gooseberry on low heat until it turns black. This process can take up to 30–45 minutes.
- Now add 2 glasses of water to it. Boil it for 10 minutes and turn off the gas.
- Keep it to cool down. Leave the paste in the iron pan overnight. In the morning, when the pieces of amla become soft, grind them in a grinder.
- It should be a smooth paste and not a grainy one.
- Apply this DIY dye on your hair and leave it for 1- 2 hours minimum before washing your hair. Repeat the process one time in a week.
2. Henna and Beetroot For Burgundy Hair Color:
Henna is a chemical-free natural hair dye. It is used to color your hair.
The carotenoids present in beetroot help a lot in hair growth. It also helps prevent hair loss.
Henna with beetroot will give your hair a dark burgundy color.
Ingredients: 120 gms henna powder, 1 tbsp gooseberry powder, 1 cup of beetroot juice, 1 cup curd, and black tea as required.
Optional Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of hibiscus powder and 1 egg.
- Mix all the ingredients well except for yogurt and egg in a bowl.
- Add hot black tea while mixing.
- Keep the paste in a glass bowl overnight to get the desired color.
- The next day, before applying the henna, add 1 egg and curd.
- Mix it and apply this dye from the roots to the tip of the hair.
- Leave the henna on your for 2 hours for better results.
- To achieve better burgundy color, apply twice a month every 15 days.
3. Coconut Milk and Coffee For Browny Hair Color:
Coconut oil is excellent for moisturizing your hair. It can be used to keep your hair shiny and healthy. Coffee helps to dye your hair brown color, and it can also cover up grey hair.
Also, Read This: Papaya Hair Mask | Use Papaya For Long and Healthy Hair.
Ingredients: 3 tbsp of coffee powder, 1 tbsp of cornflour powder, and 1 -2 tbsp coconut oil or coconut milk.
- Adding 2 glasses of water to a pan and boil it. Now add the coffee powder in water and mix it well.
- Now boil it for 5 -10 minutes on medium flame. After 5 minutes, add cornflour powder to it. Stir it for 2-3 minutes and then off the gas. Let it cool.
- Now pour this mixture into a glass bowl. Now add coconut oil or coconut milk to it.
- Mix it well. Now apply this hair dye on hair from top to tip.
- Leave the application for 1 hour and wear a shower cap.
- It can be applied once a week as a hair mask.
How to prepare yourself for hair color application
- Cover your shoulder and clothes with an old towel or old dark T-shirt.
- It is advisable to wear an old dark shirt because it is easily removable before washing the hair.
- Apply a thick layer of vaseline or petroleum jelly closer to the hairline with a cotton bud to protect the face.
- Makes sure to protect the ears also by applying petroleum jelly.
- Wear hand gloves before applying the Henna to avoid color on the hands.
How to Apply Hair Color
- Henna color can either be applied with fingers or an applicator brush. Use section comb/ tall comb to make section.
- Begin with center partitioning the hair and apply the mixture from the root to the tip.
- Create a smaller section to make sure the application has covered all the hair.
- Once the application is completed, make a high bun of the hair.
- Leave the mixture on the hair for two hours to absorb the color well. Wear a shower cap to avoid any stains or color on the skin after applying.
- The only conditioner can be applied during the first wash.
Hair Color Maintenance Mask
- Take one fresh aloe vera leaf or 1 tbsp aloe vera gel. Extract Aloe Vera Gel from the aloe vera leaf in a bowl.
- Wash and grate the 1/3 cucumber along with its skin and then extract the juice.
- Now add 1 tsp of honey and mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this mask 2-3 minutes before you shampoo your hair.
Note: The result will be visible only after the fourth or fifth application, so do not panic and be patient. Just keep following these DIY colors strictly.
Banana Hair Mask ~ Best Banana Hair Mask for Frizzy and Damaged Hair.
Best Homemade Banana Hair Masks ~ DIY Hair Pack of Banana For all hair problems.
Homemade Coconut Hair Mask For Dry, Damaged, and Frizzy Hair.