Home Remedies For Itchy Skin: Relieve Itchy Skin
How to relieve itchy skin? If you are suffering from this and want to stop the uncontrolled itching, read this full article…
Itching is a common problem, especially during the rainy and summer seasons. In some people, the problem of itching can also be due to dry skin or allergies. Whatever be the cause of itching, it is necessary to treat them at the right time.
Irritation in the skin can make us feel very uncomfortable, and if it is not treated, it remains for a long time.
Here we will share some home remedies for itchy skin. These remedies are completely natural and will provide instant relief from itchy skin.
What are the main causes of dry and itchy skin?
- Hot water: Sometimes bathing with hot water steel the skin of its moisture, which increases the chances of dryness, redness, and itching in the skin.
- Temperature and Humidity Changes: Extreme changes in temperature and humidity can dry out the skin, causing flaking and itching.
- Due to Some Skincare Products: Some skin care products can also irritate the skin. Because some beauty products contain such chemicals, people who have sensitive skin can face its side effects.
- Wool and synthetic fabrics: Wearing wool and synthetic fabric clothes can also cause itchy skin. Such clothes can make you feel rough against the skin and can cause you skin itching and irritation.
Home Remedies For Itchy Skin
1. Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil to the itchy skin. Coconut oil is the best natural home remedy to moisturize itchy skin. Apply this daily on your skin.
2. Petroleum Jelly: Apply it to the skin and left overnight. Wash it off with mild soap in the morning. This lubricates the skin and helps to treat irritation. It can keep your skin moist.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera helps to relieve irritation and itchy skin. Aloe Vera gel has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can reduce itching and rashes instantly. Just apply aloe vera directly on your itchy skin. Do this 2-3 times per day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which is good for itchy skin and scalp. It can treat itching skin caused by allergies. Apply it on the itchy skin. Now leave it for 15 – 30 minutes, then wash it off with water. Do this daily for few days.
If you’re itching all over your body, add 1-2 cups of vinegar to your bath water and bath it with this water.
5. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which relieve skin irritation and itchy skin. Apply it directly to the itching skin daily.
6. Banana Peels: You will be surprised to know that banana peel can also be a great home remedy for itchy skin. It contains amino acids and vitamins A, B, C, and E, which work wonders on itchy skin. It helps to moisturize the skin.
Rub the banana peel on the affected area. Leave it for 10 -15 minutes, and wash it off with water.
7. Watermelon Peel: Watermelon peel rind also helps to treat itching skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe skin irritation or itching skin.
8. Cold Therapy: Cold therapy is one of the best ways to get instant relief from itchy skin. For this, apply a cool, wet cloth or ice cube on the affected area for 5 minutes on the itchy skin. The cool temperature will help reduce itching.
When is it necessary to see a doctor?
Itching can be treated at home, with regular cleaning and some home remedies.
However, you should still see a doctor if you continue to experience the following symptoms:
- If the itching lasts more than 2 weeks.
- Unusual rash or swelling accompanied by itching.
- If itching is affecting the whole body.