Best Way To Get Rid of Cough
Cough and cold are a common problem with every changing season, whether day or night.
Cough bothers you during the whole day but doesn’t let you also sleep at night.
People don’t go to doctors for problems like a cough. However, people take cough medicine from the medical store to recover it, but after a few days, the cough returns. But do you know… home remedies are Easy Way To Get Rid of Cough…
If you are also troubled by cough then this article is only for you.
The cough may occur due to bacterial, viral infections and allergies. But there are many natural cough remedies hidden in our kitchen, which cures minor diseases like cough and cold. Today we are giving you some easy home remedies for cough relief.
What Is Cough?
A cough is a sudden expulsion of air through the large breathing passages that can help clear them of fluids, irritants, foreign particles, and microbes.
A common cough starts due to sudden disturbance in our daily diet. Sudden weather changes, swelling in the throat, and if the tonsils are enlarged, cough often starts. One meaning of cough is also that Cough plays a role in clearing irritants and infections from the body. There is a risk of infection of lungs and throat tubes due to any kind of cough.
Common cough can be cured in a few days using some precautions and Natural Cough Remedies, but if the cough is not cured for more than two weeks, it can be the cause of some major illness.
Persists cough can also be a sign of major illness such as asthma, TB, swine flu, bronchitis, heart disease, pneumonia, lung infection.
Type Of Cough:
Acute cough – This cough lasts for less than 3 weeks. This is most frequently caused by the common cold. The cough is usually worse the first few days but eventually goes away in about two weeks.
Subacute cough – Subacute coughs last three to eight weeks.
- Chronic cough – The effect of this cough lasts for 8 weeks in adults and 4 weeks in children.
- Whooping cough – Whooping cough, also known as pertussis or the 100-day cough. This cough is caused by an infection, which affects the nose and throat. Mostly, this cough occurs in children.
- Dry cough – Dry cough commonly follows on from respiratory illnesses, such as colds and the flu. These coughs develop when there is little or no mucus in the throat. A person may feel a tickling sensation in their throat and be unable to stop coughing.
- Nocturnal Cough – This cough mostly occurs at night. It sometimes becomes so intense that the patient does not even sleep.
Symptoms of Cough:
1.Shortness of breath
2.The decrease in exercise tolerance (easy fatigability)
3.Wheezing or a whistling breathing
11.Fever and chills
13.Difficulty swallowing or coughing when swallowing
14.Lack of food
Natural Cough Remedies will help you to relieve cough. Just try these home remedies to Get Rid of Cough–
1. Turmeric milk for cough:
Ingredients: A Half teaspoon of turmeric, one glass of lukewarm milk, and sugar, jaggery or honey (optional).
How To Make:
- Mix turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it now. If you don’t like the taste of it, then add some sugar, jaggery or honey to it.
- Until your cough is cured, you should consume it every day or night.
2. Honey and lemon for Cough:
Vitamin C is found in lemons. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins for our body, which is essential for the immune system and is a potent anti-oxidant. Also, it prevents germs causing infection in the body.
Ingredients: Honey And Lemon.
How To Make:
- Take two teaspoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice or ginger juice.
- Mixed it.
- Take it like sugar syrup two to three times a day.
3. Ginger for Cough:
Ingredients: Chopped ginger, one tablespoon of dry mint, One cup of honey and four cups of water.
How To Make:
- In a bowl, take water and mix ginger and mint.
- Mixed it. Boil it well. Now let it cool down, then add honey to it.
- Take one teaspoon of this mixture every three to four hours.
- By keeping the mixture in a good airtight container, you can keep it in the fridge for two to three weeks.
4. Garlic for Cough:
Honey is also antibacterial, which protects you from cold.
Ingredients: Cough, Celery powder and honey.
How To Make:
- Boil two to three pieces of garlic in a cup of water and then add one teaspoon of celery powder.
- Let it cool for a while and then add one tablespoon of honey to it and drink it.
- During cough, take it for two to three days.
5. Jaggery for Cough:
Ingredients: Black pepper, cumin seeds, and jaggery.
How To Make:
- Boil one cup of water and one teaspoon of black pepper together.
- Then add some cumin seeds, and a mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add a few pieces of jaggery and mix it over the low heat, until the jaggery is completely melted.
- Drink it 2-3 days regularly.
6. Masala Tea for Cough:
Black pepper contains various anti-oxidants that speed up the body’s metabolism.
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon of Tea leaves, 2-3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick(broken into pieces), 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, and honey(optional).
How To Make:
- Boil one cup of water with tea leaves, and add some spices of your choice (cloves, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper work best).
- Cover it, simmer for a few minutes and strain.
- You can add some honey to balance the taste(optional).
- Drink it daily.
You can also try these tips to get rid of cough
- The recipe for gargling by adding salt to hot water has been going on in almost every household for years. This is the easiest and quickest remedy to get rid of cough. You can do this two to three times a day.
- Steaming with eucalyptus oil in water is a great way to relieve cough. Take a deep breath and let the steam in. While steaming, cover your head with a towel. You will get immediate relief from a stuffy nose and cough.
- Massaging the chest and nose with clove oil provides relief in cold and cough. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties provide relief from problems like a cough. You can also chew cloves and eat them and if you have a lot of coughs, you can put cloves in your mouth. This will relax your throat and relieve cough for a short time.
Important tips for relieving cough:
Below, we are telling you some things that you need to keep in mind while coughing-
Reduce the intake of sweet items during cough.
Do not eat spicy or fried food.
Do not consume ice cream or cold drinks.
Do not consume cold water immediately after coming out of the sun or heat.
Do not bathe immediately after coming from the heat.
Do not eat cold immediately after eating something hot.
Note: If you have an initial cough, you should try the natural cough remedies given above for treatment. If you are allergic to any of these remedies mentioned above, talk to a doctor in that regard. Take the right diet and keep the above precautions in mind. If you have been coughing for a long time, do not delay, take cough medicine immediately after the advice of the doctor, because cough for more days can be the cause of a major illness.