12 Best Shampoo for Hair available in India
Hair care is must for both Men and Women and if you are looking for a shampoo which is available easily and good for your hair and pocket then this post is very helpful for you. Please choose a shampoo based on the hair type and these are the shampoo which belongs to the ‘Affordable Range’
1. Loreal Paris Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
This shampoo is best suitable for my hair Oily scalp/Oily Hair, it claims it keeps hair fresh for 72 hours.
- Cleans scalp and gets rid of excess oil in roots and also hydrates
- Comes in Turquoise blue packaging and with the flip open top
- The product does not have too thick or too runny consistency and looks very shiny and glossy
- Has Citrus fruity scent, formulated with clay and has a cooling effect while washing
- I use this twice a week previous night I oil my air and next morning I wash since I am an outdoor person and due to pollution it remains clean for 2 days and 3rd day I see oiliness in the evening, but this is my favorite product to be used
- If you have dry hair and dry scalp, then oil your hair first then use shampoo and follow it with conditioner. or try the next shampoo L’oreal with 5 oils
2. Loreal Paris with 6 oils for dry and damaged hair
- Enriched with 6 oils nourishment i.e., Argan, Camelia, Jojoba, Coconut, Almond and Olive oil.
- Hydrating it cleans scalp well with amazing fragrance, good for dry damaged hair
- Big NO for Oily scalp because it makes scalp frizzier, it feels good only on the 1st day of wash it becomes frizzier for straight and oily hair type.
- Comes in normal packaging like other variants with flip open type
3. Loreal Paris Professional Serie Expert Resource Shampoo
- Best for oily scalp/hair
- This is clarifying shampoo so oily scalp people use it once a week, not more.
- Formulated with Vitamin E, antioxidants, purified water
- Cleans the scalp gets rid of product buildup
- Leaves hair soft and smooth and gives a bouncy feel.
- Transparent packaging, shampoo is in gel form
- Mild citrus fragrance, Does not lather much on unclean hair so do not use too much product, but for second wash it lathers well with little of the product.
- Slightly expensive when compared to other shampoos but since its a clarifying shampoo its worth it. This is my personal favorite too as clarifying shampoo.
4. Pantene Pro V Total Damage Care
Pantene is one of the well-known brands in India. Its Pro V formulation helps in repairing damaged hair Priyanka Chopra is the brand Ambassador for Pantene
- Efficiently cleans scalp
- Makes hair smooth and soft
- Easily available offline and online
- Budget Friendly, with good packaging
- Controls oiliness but does not dry out hair
5. Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Shampoo
Tresemme is a well-known brand in shampoo and Botanique is their new range with Nourish 7 Replenish and Detox variants
- Infused with the goodness of oils like Camellia Oil and Olive Oil
- Easily available in departmental stores and in all online websites
- It claims for frizz-free hair up to 24 hours, yes it will be frizz free for 24 hours so from 2nd day evening for oily scalp frizz starts appearing.
- Its fragrance is amazing like vanilla, cleans the scalp well, Shampoo has a creamy consistency
- No Parabens or dyes and comes in deep green simple packaging
- Provides hydration very good for people with dry scalp and Hair, But not so good for oily scalp
- This variant with Camellia and Olive oil is available in India, but with the same name in the UK, US they have different ingredients like Coconut Milk etc.
- My hair feels soft and smooth with just the shampoo and I did not follow it up with conditioner, But if you have dry hair then just take a little bit and massage your ends and you are good to go.
6. Tresemme Hair Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo
Tresemme has launched another range of shampoo and conditioner with hair spa goodness. Hair spa is recommended by hair stylist but it burns pocket so this is an affordable Spa treatment
- Infused with hydrating marine mineral component and nutrients, yes it nourishes my scalp well
- Easily available in offline and online, Tresemme and Loreal really suit me. It’s a drugstore brand
- The shampoo is white in color with running consistency and has aqua like fragrance,
- Nourishes hair and feels like you have had hair spa. It removes oil and my hair remains fresh for 2 days and I skip using conditioner sometimes and its completely fine with this shampoo.
- Helps in detangling hair
- Though I have oily scalp I liked this and I Use it once a week like a spa treatment not like daily shampoo But for Dry hair, this shampoo is a boon.
7.Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- NO Parabens and No Sulphate hence does not lather much
- Alcohol and Cruelty-free
- Formulated with natural ingredients like Apple Cider Vinegar. Enhanced with Pure Apple Extracts and Ecocert certified bioactive ingredients
- It removes product buildup on the scalp and restores shine
- The fragrance is nice (Apple smell) and its vegetarian product.
- Comes in a pump packaging, consistency of the shampoo is neither too runny nor thick
8. Garnier Fructis Long and Strong
I have used this shampoo in my college days, this worked pretty well for me.
- Affordable and easily available
- Formulated with Active Fruit concentrate, Vitamin B3 and B6 and AHAs
- After wash makes my hair feel soft.
- Cleans the scalp well, good for oily scalp/hair
- Smells good and has a flip open top packaging its very travel-friendly
- But does not increase or decrease hair fall not true to its claims
9. Khadi Saffron Reetha Hair Cleanser
Khadi is a herbal natural brand available India.
- Formulated with Saffron that promotes hair growth and strengthens hair from roots.
- Strong ayurvedic smell, people who are allergic to scents and all avoid it.
- Dries your hair, good for very oily hair but must be followed with conditioner. People with dry hair should not use this shampoo.
- Cleans the scalp and buildup of products.
10. Himalaya Protein Care Shampoo
Himalaya is one of the famous natural product brands.
- The shampoo is free from Parabens and silicones.
- Cleans scalp well and keeps it fresh for 3 days
- Travel-friendly packaging with a flip open top.
- Using this shampoo did not cause hair fall and also reduced hair fall slightly.
- Inexpensive and easily available offline and online
- The shampoo does not lather much and good for oily and normal hair type does not need conditioner every time. Will be drying for dry hair type so follow it up with conditioner.
11.Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo
Biotique is a popular organic, ayurvedic brand in INDIA.Bio Kelp variant is popular shampoo. I tried this shampoo and here are my reviews
- Cylindrical bottle packaging, Shampoo is blue in color
- Has strong menthol like fragrance and consistency is quite runny.
- Free from Parabens and SLS that’s why it does not lather much.
- Affordable and removes impurities well.
- Formulated with a very good list of ingredients like Neem, Tesu Flower, Bhringaraj, Reetha etc., which nourishes and rejuvenates hair follicles
- Though has ingredients which prevents hair fall, my hair fall did not reduce
- Makes Hair soft and smooth good for oily hair, no need to follow it up with conditioner but if dry hair please follow it with a conditioner.
- Not tested on animals
12.Head & Shoulders Anti-dandruff Shampoo Cool Menthol
- Gets rid of dandruff, one of the best anti-dandruff shampoo
- Begins working from first wash and has a cooling formula
- Keeps scalp cool and prevents itching
- The shampoo is creamy in consistency and little quantity is necessary to lather well
- Best suitable in summers for its cooling effect, hair becomes soft and smooth
- But contains sulfates
These are some of the shampoos tried and tested by me and people like me. Please choose a shampoo based on your hair type.Share and Subscribe for more such posts.